Her New Orleans

Her New Orleans
Warehouse District by F. Stivers

Friday, August 20, 2010

New Pillows for my Daybed

I love my West Elm Daybed in my living room - it is white with beige fabric. Currently, it has two large, pink silk pillows on it that my lovely sister gave me. I have been keeping my eye open for quite some time for other pink pillows to add. 


 My sweet little brother asleep on my daybed after a big Thanksgiving lunch at Commander's Palace
(Notice the large pink pillow)

After months of searching I could not find anything that I just loved. So, I decided to custom make my new pillows. I have not seen the Sex & the City 2, but of course I have seen the inside of Carrie and Big's fabulous new home. I loved the fabric on the their dining room chairs --- so that's what I went with!


Here's a better shot of the whole dining room.

My pillow of course will be in pink! The fabric is by Lee Jofa and called Belgravia. It is 100 % linen.


It also comes in some other great colors!

Liana of "Woody Liana Textiles & Curiosities" on Etsy will be creating my fabulous 22" x 22" beauties. She is receiving the fabric any day now and I am waiting on my fabric samples to arrive so I can select the back fabric. I am so so excited!

Her shop on Etsy is so wonderful! I have not even received my pillows yet, but I am already so pleased by her excellent customer service. She was so sweet to go back and forth with me seriously 10 plus times about pillow size and layout. She did "mock layouts" for me to show how the fabric pattern would look on various size pillows. I finally picked the 22" x 22" because with that size all the swirls were able to be seen. 


The 22" pillow is the one on the bottom left.

Look for my post hopefully in the next 2 weeks showing my new pillows! Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment